Toshiba D-RW2 DVD Player/Recorder
- Single-disc DVD player/recorder with timer and one-touch recording; measures 17.1 x 2.6 x 9.6 inches (WxHxD)
- Records onto DVD-R/RW; plays CD-R/RW, VCD, MP3, WMA, JPEG
- JPEG Viewer enables you to create slideshows with digital photos stored on disc
- Connections: composite (2 in, 1 out), S-Video (2 in, 1 out), component (1 out), RF (1 in)
- DVD offer Dolby Digital/DTS decoding; coaxial digital audio output
You get six compression modes for recording from 1 hour to 10 hours of video onto one disc. Other recording features include automatic title/chapter/thumbnail creation, time base correction, and auto finalization. Playback features include fast forward with audio (1.5x speed), fast scan, and slow motion.
The D-RW2 performs 3:2 pulldown detection and reversal, too--a handy feature for watching progressive-scan movie programs in their native 24-frame format. To adapt 24 frames-per-second movies to 30 fps video, frames in the original movie must be duplicated; 3:2 pulldown digitally corrects this duplication by removing the redundant information to display a frame-accurate picture.
You get vivid, realistic sound, thanks to Toshiba's 24-bit/192 kHz pulse code modulation (PCM) audio processor. PCM audio translates digital signals from your DVDs and CDs into warmer, natural sound. The DVD player offers Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, and you can connect to a multi-channel home theater surround sound system via the coaxial digital audio output. It also produces 3D virtual surround sound from two speakers. It features the following video and audio connections:
- Composite A/V: 2 in (1 front), 1 out
- S-Video: 2 in (1 front), 1 out
- Component Video: 1 out
- RF: 1 in
- Digital audio: 1 coaxial
Component video (also called Y/Pb/Pr) features a three-jack video input, which provides separate connections for luminance (Y), blue color difference (PB) and red color difference (PR). This results in increased bandwidth for color information, resulting in a more accurate picture with clearer color reproduction and less bleeding than you would get with S-Video or composite (RCA yellow video plug) connections. You will need a separate RCA left/right audio cable for sound.
What's in the Box
DVD player/recorder, remote control (with batteries), printed operating instructions
- Product Dimensions: 9.61 x 17.13 x 2.6 inches; 7.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 7.7 pounds
- ASIN: B000ELE4Q6
- Item model number: D-RW2
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews