Sony SLV-N900 4-Head Hi-Fi VCR, Black
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $98.99
- Amount Saved: $51.00
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Four-head VCR with hi-fi VHS audio playback
- Commercial skip; one-month/eight-event recording timer
- VCR Plus+ programming and built-in cable box/DIRECTV receiver control
- Composite-video (RCA jack) and coaxial input/output; Control S input
- Measures 16.9 x 3.8 x 11.5 inches (W x H x D)
Recording TV programs is easy with the VCR Plus+C system. Just look up the "PlusCode" number assigned to a program (published in the TV section of most newspapers and cable TV listings) and enter the number into the VCR--the date, time, and channel are automatically set. You can also manually record programs--up to eight at any one time. The QuickSet Timer Dial lets you quickly program a recording when time is of the essence, even without turning on your TV. The Commercial Skip feature--a 30-second skip search--makes it easy to jump through recorded ads, while the unit's jog/shuttle control allows for precise, frame-accurate rewinding and fast-forwarding.
If you have a video camcorder, it's easy to connect it to the line-in jacks at the front of the SLV-N900. The back of the VCR features line-in and line-out connections for RCA-style jacks and coaxial cable. It also has a Control S input, which enables direct IR control of VCR unit when a Control S-equipped Sony TV or receiver is used.
The included Cinema Illumination remote control can control both Sony and non-Sony TVs, as well as cable boxes and digital satellite receivers equipped with an infrared remote control. It has glowing keys that are easily viewed in low-light settings.
Other features include:
- Available play modes (speeds): SP/LP/EP
- 19 micron heads ensure higher-quality recording in EP mode
- 17-inch width
- Flash Rewind feature rewinds a T-120 cassette in about 60 seconds
- Energy Star compliant
- Index scan and play: The VCR automatically marks the tape with an index signal at the point where each recording begins. Access can use these signals as a reference to find a specific recording.
- Instant replay: The tape can be immediately rewound and playback started on the scene. During playback, the replay button is pressed and the tape is rewound 10 seconds on the counter for each press of the button.
- Four-head VCR: A VCR requires two video heads to record a picture. With four heads, a VCR can perform special effects like slow motion and freeze frame, and it is optimized for recording and playback in both the SP (2-hour) and SLP (6-hour) modes. You'll also get a better picture from rental videos with a four-head VCR.
- Hi-fi VHS: The standard VHX format with Dolby Surround Pro-Logic encoded in the stereo audio channels, which produces near-CD-quality sound. You'll need an A/V receiver with Dolby Surround Pro-Logic decoding to take full advantage of this feature.
What's in the Box
Sony SLV-N900 VCR (black), remote control, 2 AA batteries, 75-ohm coaxial cable with F-type connectors, and operating instructions.
- Product Dimensions: 10 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 10 pounds
- ASIN: B00008XETK
- Item model number: SLV-N900
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews