Philips DVDR72 Progressive-Scan DVD Player / Recorder
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $136.29
- Amount Saved: $463.70
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Combination DVD player/recorder with camcorder-ready DV (i.Link), component-video, composite-video, and S-video inputs
- Record from TV directly to DVD; up to 6 hours video recording per side (either DVD+R or DVD+RW)
- Progressive-scan output for seamless, flicker-free images on high-definition and HD-ready TVs
- Favorite Scene Selection simplifies editing of your home movies; VCR Plus+ simplifies timer programming
- Measures 17 x 3 x 13 inches (W x H x D)
Four record modes give you the option of filling a single DVD+R/+RW with up to 6 hours of VCR-quality video, or one hour with the highest digital quality. Its progressive-scan capabilities allow for the best picture possible when connected to an analog TV, but hook it up to an ED (enhanced-definition) or HD (high-definition) television and you'll get a more filmlike experience with less flicker and sharper images. A motion-compensated noise filter helps improved picture quality by further removing digital artifacts to create sharper, clearer images.
The DVDR72 is loaded with connections for an entry-level player and recorder. On the rear of the unit you get one each of RF, composite video, S-video, stereo audio, and component video inputs, an identical set of outputs, and a coaxial digital audio out. Up front you'll find another set of composite inputs, as well as S-video and i.LINK (FireWire) for connecting to a camcorder, PC, or other device. The component-video inputs and outputs help minimize digital and line-scan artifacts on compatible televisions.
If you just shot some video with your camcorder, use these jacks to connect directly to the DVD recorder to instantly create a DVD of your footage. Two-channel Dolby Digital encoding will give your videos great digital stereo sound. There's even basic editing capabilities for your home movies so you can make your videos perfect before you burn. You can also link up to your VCR to convert your video tapes to longer-lasting DVDs.
What's in the Box
DVDR72 recorder/player, remote control, 2 AA batteries, AC power cable, audio cable, video cable, S-video cable, RF coaxial cable, and user's manual.
- ASIN: B0002GTVHA
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews