Panasonic DMR-ES10S DIGA Series DVD Recorder , Silver
- Single-disc DVD player/recorder with DVD-RAM, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R recording capabilities
- Plays DVD-Video, DVD-Audio (2-channel only), DVD+RW, video CD, MP3 CD, and JPEG image CD
- Progressive-scan video output renders seamless, flicker-free images on high-definition and HD-ready TVs
- Video enhancements include Visibility Modulation technology, integrated noise reduction (NR), and 4x Natural Gradation
- Measures 16.9 x 2.5 x 13.9 inches (W x H x D)
The DMR-ES10S's virtual Multi-Encode System enables LP mode recording with the same 500 lines of horizontal resolution as the deck uses to encode in the higher-quality SP and XP modes. This is twice the 250 lines of resolution used in conventional Long Play recording. Now you can store 4 hours of full-resolution program material on a standard 4.7 GB recordable DVD rather than merely 2 hours.
Panasonic's Time Slip feature lets you use your DVD recorder like a digital video recorder, viewing the recorded portion of an ongoing program from the beginning, while still recording the program in progress. With Chasing Playback, you can view the recorded portion of a live program, from the beginning, while continuing to record that program until its completion. Simultaneous record and play lets you view a previously recorded program on either a DVD-RAM disc or the hard disk drive while recording a different program.
The DMR-ES10S uses a 12-bit video analog-to-digital converter to provide 4 times the number of possible color gradation (shades) offered by 10-bit converters. This preserves your source images with more detail, more definition, and more beauty. Other enhancements include Panasonic's Real-Time Variable Bit Rate Control, integrated noise reduction (NR), and Visibility Modulation technology.
The DMR-ES10S is also a progressive-scan DVD player for use with both standard- and high-definition or HD-ready TVs. Progressive scanning, referred to as 480p for the number of horizontal lines that compose the video image, creates a picture using twice the scan lines of a conventional DVD picture, giving you higher resolution and sharper images while eliminating nearly all motion artifacts.
Panasonic's Direct Navigator simplifies the process of previewing recorded programs, letting you access recorded material from an onscreen menu that lists recording dates, times, channels, and titles. The DMR-ES10S also offers a feature called high-speed quick start. The unit is ready to record just 1 second after you switch it on, easing your mind on those occasions when you forget (or almost forget) that an important program is airing.
- Product Dimensions: 10.82 x 3.13 x 16.94 inches; 9.48 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 9.48 pounds
- ASIN: B0007WKB14
- Item model number: DMR-ES10S
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews